Yes, Issaquah is a Seller's Market - Curb Appeal Still Matters!
You know the saying... "First Impressions are Everything!" And, nothing holds more true than in real estate, when placing your home on the market. If you are preparing your Issaquah home for sale, it is critical to take a step back and look at the home's curb appeal through potential buyer's eyes.When driving by, all buyers will immediately form an opinion about your home based-upon the exterior - and letting exterior issues go unattended can send potential buyers directly to your competition. It has been demonstrated time and time again, that curb-appeal can be the number one factor in getting a home sold in a reasonable time, and for the best price - and even in our current seller's market in Issaquah, the home's exterior appearance is still a top priority. Obviously, a home can have a flawless interior- and that's something to be proud of. But, it should go without saying that if there are obvious flaws and/or deferred maintenance on the exterior many home buyer's won't bother to make an appointment to look at the perfect interior - and that can cost you thousands, or more.
Top Tips for Improving Curb AppealHere are a few inexpensive things you can do to improve your home's curb appeal, which will make your home more appealing to buyers, and likely increase your resale value:
- No matter the season, give the lawn a fresh mowing & edging, trim edges of bedding
- Remove all leaves and debris from flower beds - add fresh mulch
- Trim-up any trees with low-hanging branches
- Shrubbery getting out of control? Trim back shrubs, or consider replacing completely
- Plant a few decorative flowers near the entrance or in pots to welcome guests
- Especially in the Pacific Northwest, consider having your porches & driveways powerwashed
- Take a look at your gutters. Repair any issues, and be sure to have them professionally cleaned!
- Consider sanding and repainting/staining your front door if needed
- Clean all windows and trim work - make them shine!