Be one of the first to know when new listings matching your criteria hit the market.Get New Listings
The Avondale neighborhood of Redmond is generally located along Avondale Road NE from just north of Union Hill Road to NE 128th Street and contains a mix of single family homes, townhomes and condos. The Avondale neighborhood has very quick access to Redmond, only a few miles to the south on Avondale Road. Bellevue and Downtown Seattle can be reached via Hwy 520. Nearby Juel Community Park and Middle Bear Creek Natural Area provide ample outdoor recreational opportunities - in additional of course, Marymoor Park and Lake Sammamish just to the south. More about Avondale
Due to it's location very near Redmond and the Microsoft Millenium Campus, the neighborhood has consistently been a very popular community for quite some time.
The neighborhood has a variety of single-family homes, though the southern section is more known for it's high density of townhomes and condominiums. A few of the condominium developments in the Avondale neighborhood are: Avondale Crest, Willow Grove, Essex Park, Pointe East, The Verano Condos and Briarwood.
Avondale single family homes are generally between $300,000 and $800,000, though with several homes over $1 million. Condominium prices range from the $200,000 to $400,000 range.
The Avondale neighborhood is served by the Lake Washington School District. Schools in the area include Einstein and Wilder Elementary Schools, Evergreen and Redmond Junior High Schools and Redmond High School. Home buyers should always verify with the school district directly regarding attendance boundaries, which are subject to change.
Avondale road was named such as it went from Redmond to the small town of Avondale almost four miles northeast of Redmond. On January 6, 1890, the Post Office for the city of White (now Avondale) was opened in east King County. Mrs. Edna Provan served as the only postmaster as the Post Office closed just five years later on January 25, 1895 when the town was renamed Avondale. Nothing remains from the original town located at the intersections of Avondale Road and NE 116th Street.